What does it look like for our entire company to spend a Friday morning volunteering? If you ask Sarah Martin, SVP Corporate Development, the answer is simple: Awesome.
“We are out here as a whole group across the country helping people and doing what we love, to be able to support others,” shared Martin.
With activities held coast to coast, the impact we were able to make was huge. Here are just some of the things we accomplished…
- The team in Cypress, Calif., created 30+ care packages for military service members of employees and their units.
- In Greensboro, N.C., the team fixed wheelchairs at the Gateway Education Center.
- Hazelwood, Mo., employees packaged 50 giveaway bags for an upcoming walk.
- Children at the Ronald McDonald House in Las Vegas will get a little extra cheer with their lunch. The team decorated lunch bags with positive get-well messages.
- In Orlando, the teams from Orlando, Tampa and Fort Lauderdale stuffed 840 pillows for children at Give Kids the World.
- In Dallas alone, the team completed three projects:
- 400 employees packaged 112,375 meals in just two hours for Feeding Children Everywhere at the hotel.
- Teams of ten built wheelchair ramps at six Dallas-area homes.
- 150 employees hopped on buses at 6:30 a.m. to serve as the first wave of volunteers at a Special Olympics Texas Volleyball Tournament.
Many locations even put in some real manual labor, helping to clean and organize everything from a therapeutic riding ranch to an assisted senior living community.
More than 100 locations and 1500 employees participated in our half-day effort and we can’t thank everyone enough for their efforts.
“It’s important to give back because we can. The impact we make is incredible,” shared Jamie Magar, ATP (Albuquerque, NM). Incredible indeed.
Take a look!