1. Floor space is important.
Garage storage space is valuable, and there are helpful ways to set up a garage to give wheelchair users to the freedom to move around and access items being stored.
2. Ramps can take up a considerable amount of space in a garage
. Have door built to enable you to access the storage space available under the ramp.
3. Purchase or build a workbench
. The best option would be one that will attach to the wall and can fold down when not in use.
4. Maximize storage space by using a pulley system that can be powered by an electric wench.
This can be used to store and move around old wheelchairs, sports wheelchairs and adaptive bikes.
5. Store extra sets of wheelchair tires on the walls with mounted utility hooks.