When ordering your wheelchair, it’s important to understand the process and the role everyone plays. At Numotion, we will work with your medical team making sure we have all the information we need to generate a Physician Order for your doctor to sign, approve and return. Next we work with your funding source to get approval for your equipment. We will notify you of any co-pays, deductibles or financial responsibilities that you are responsible for paying. Then we order your equipment from the manufacturer(s) and await its arrival so it can be assembled. When the equipment is completely assembled and inspected, we call and schedule delivery. Upon delivery, we demonstrate and show you how to safely use your equipment.
Your ATP as Advocate and Guide
Your Assistive Technology Professional (ATP) is a very important member of your mobility team. Along with a physician, an occupational therapist or a physical therapist, they help analyze your unique needs, assist in the selection of the appropriate equipment and train on how to properly use the specific equipment.
The Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America (RESNA) certification recognizes those who have reached an internationally accepted standard of knowledge in assistive technology and who demonstrate a commitment to provide only the highest ethical standards of practice.
The ATP will work with you throughout the ordering process and beyond.
Key Information to Help Process Your Order
Processing an order for our mobility product involves a lot of steps and information. Below is a list of some critical information that is helpful for you to have readily available and accessible to provide to Numotion. The more complete, accurate and current this information, the better we will be able to serve you with a smooth order process and avoid any unnecessary delays.
- Complete list of your contact information, including email and cell phone
- Current Primary Care Physician name and contact information
- Current Therapist name and contact information
- Prescribing Physician Information (who referred you for equipment)
- Date of last office visit for mobility
- Copy of prescription from your referring physician for the equipment (must be within the last 3-12 months)
- Referral Clinic/Organization name and contact information
- All insurance coverage information and cards
- Primary and any secondary or tertiary coverage
- Medicare/Medicaid and replacement insurance information (if applicable)
- Deducible and co-pay percentages (if known)
- Description of all current mobility equipment
- Serial numbers
- Age of device(s)
- Insurance provider who paid for it (if known)