Workplace Code of Conduct:
Creating an account on Workplace is voluntary, you can choose whether or not you would like to adopt the use of the communication platform. Important communication and messages will continue to be shared in other formats to ensure that you still have access to the information that you need.
To maintain an inclusive and respectful community, it is important for all of us to adhere to the following acceptable standards of behavior at all times when using Workplace:
- Workplace is an extension of your physical workspace. You are expected to behave on Workplace as you would at any other time at work. Each of Numotion’s policies apply to your activity on Workplace, including but not limited to policies on compliance, ethics and business conduct, mobile device use, bullying and harassment and social media.
- Posting commentary, content, or images that are defamatory, discriminatory, proprietary, harassing, offensive, obscene or inappropriate or that can create a hostile work environment will not be tolerated.
- Workplace is not for discussing customer information or any other business confidential, proprietary or sensitive information. Workplace is to share company updates, team recognition and connect everyone to one message. Your day-to-day customer workflows should remain in the tools you are familiar with – never rely on Workplace for urgent or confidential matters.
- Sharing kudos about a teammate is encouraged, but make sure you use non-identifying terms to describe the scenario. For instance,
- “John did a great job helping a customer who had difficulty getting into their chair last week. Way to go!” would be appropriate, while…
- “John did a great job helping Mary Robinson get into her chair last week. Way to go!” would not.
- When seeking feedback on a customer situation, use discretion. It’s ok to crowdsource ideas on how to handle generic situations, but clinical information and customer specific planning must happen in our secure systems aligned with the medical record.
- Technology is ever-present, and we increasingly have devices on hand when interacting with our customers and completing our work tasks. Use good judgment and communication when using a device for work. Do not use mobile devices for personal reasons on the job or in instances where to do so would jeopardize the safety or wellbeing or yourself or others.
- Handle your posts, comments and chats responsibly. Consider how you word feedback, be respectful, courteous and professional. Be concise and consider the audience. Check your content carefully before posting (including any files or uploads for virus or other issues) and always be professional in your interactions with others.
- Speak up and report a post when you see something you consider to be misleading, deceptive, offensive, inappropriate or just wrong. Please Refrain from engaging on Workplace and talk to a manager or the Communications team. Report by clicking the three dots button and selecting “report post” from the dropdown.
- Take ownership of your user profile and role on Workplace. Engage positively, keep your profile updated, and don’t treat Workplace as you would your personal account.
Numotion provides Workplace as an additional way to communicate with each other and it is highly encouraged that you use this tool. If you opt to use the Workplace, you are agreeing to abide by each of the terms described here.
Workplace is a tool you can use to communicate with other Numotion employees using social media. Your Workplace account at Numotion is not connected in any way to your personal Facebook account.
Before you use Workplace, read the Numotion Workplace Code of Conduct and these Terms in full. The Facebook Workplace terms, standards or policies created by Facebook also apply to use of Workplace. You may not use Workplace in any way that violates applicable state or federal regulations, government requirements or any Numotion Policies, Procedures and Code of Conduct. Misuse of Workplace and/or violation of these Terms is subject to corrective action up to and including termination from employment.
Privacy and Confidentiality: Do not use Workplace for discussing or posting any Protected Health Information (PHI), Personally Identifiable Information (PII), Payment Card Industry (PCI) information, or any additional customer information, regardless of intent of usage. This also includes photos and video clips, or sending messages, photos or video via any of the Workplace functions. Violations may result in disciplinary action, which may include suspension, restriction of access, or more severe penalties up to and including termination of employment, as documented in Numotion Policy. Where illegal activities are suspected, Numotion may report such activities to the applicable authorities.
Privacy and Security policies include, but are not limited to:
- Do not use the Workplace for discussion of customer information, even if it’s for customer service.
- Never share your username and password with anyone. You are responsible for anything posted in your name.
- Ensure files are virus free before uploading them to Workplace.
- Never use Workplace for illegal activity.
- Workplace should be used in a manner that protects the privacy and safety of our customers, our employees and our organization.
- Workplace is to be used by Numotion employees only and intended for internal discussion related to business matters. It is not to be used for personal matters.
- If you want to share information from Workplace with someone outside of Numotion, you should have permission from the Numotion Communications team before you do so.
Rights to Information: If you upload information, images, documents and other material on Workplace, you acknowledge you/Numotion have the right, or have been granted the right, by the owner of the material to use and publish the material through Numotion.
Monitoring: Numotion reserves the right to monitor and audit all data and activities on all Workplace applications and functions. All discussions and comments in Workplace are monitored in order to maintain compliance with Numotion policies and all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Numotion reserves the right to monitor all data and activities (See Numotion Information and Communications Systems Policy). Any subject matter or related documents subject to a legal hold notice (i.e., subject to a legal matter or litigation) shall not be discussed or posted using Workplace.
Dignity and Respect: Numotion encourages the users of Workplace to express themselves and their point of view through the tools it offers. However, the following types of language/information or conduct is prohibited:
- Libelous, defamatory, derogatory, demeaning, malicious, abusive, offensive or hateful toward any individual or group (including competitors);
- Obscene, profane, pornographic or sexually explicit;
- Depicting graphic or gratuitous violence;
- Making threats of any kind or intimidating, harassing, bullying or showing disrespect;
- Violating the intellectual property or privacy of another; or
- Violating any company policy.
Review the full Numotion Workplace Code of Conduct and these terms. The Facebook Workplace terms, standards and policies also apply to use of the Workplace.
Workplace Usage: Employees are expected to actively use this tool to send and receive internal communication via their Numotion computer.
It is also important to understand how, when and where it is acceptable to use Workplace on a mobile device. Downloading the complimentary Workplace apps on either employees’ Numotion issued or personal devices is voluntary. Any use on a mobile device should be in compliance with the Numotion Mobile Device Policy, including but not limited to having a username and password on the mobile device.
- The use of Workplace and mobile devices will often be appropriate to use by those when seeking information to assist a customer query but should never hinder the provision of delivering expected levels of customer service.
- Maintaining a safe working environment always comes first so you should only use a mobile device to use Workplace in a safe space and where it will not put the safety of or create a hazard to yourself or any other worker, customer or other visitor to the workplace.
- You must not use a mobile device while engaging in operational tasks, such as operating machinery, and any failure to comply with this Policy will be taken seriously and may lead to disciplinary action being taken against you, up to and including termination of your employment or engagement.
Using Workplace before or after your working hours is not compulsory. Accessing the platform is optional at all times.
- Employees of Numotion work a number of different patterns across time zones, days of the week and the times of the day, so it is not reasonable to expect an immediate response to your post. If a matter is urgent, please contact your manager.
- If you elect to access or use Workplace outside of your ordinary working hours, you will not be paid for that access or use.
We expect that Workplace will be used differently by different users in accordance with Numotion’s relevant Policies. It is not necessary for you or any other person to like, comment, share or post on Workplace.
- You consent to the posting of photos/videos of you on Workplace in a work-related context but have the right to request removal.
- You must remove from Workplace any photos/videos of a colleague that you post if requested to do so by that colleague or your manager.
- Never share your username or password with anyone else. You are responsible for anything posted in your name.
- Never store sensitive information, such as credit card numbers and passwords, on Workplace.
Payment of Costs: You may elect to download and access Workplace on either the mobile device provided to you by Numotion (if applicable) or your own device or computer. If you access and use Workplace on your own device or computer, you are responsible for paying all costs in connection with your use of Workplace (including costs for the relevant mobile device, necessary accessories and device support plan, and to install Workplace on your device) and any periodic fees charged by your wireless service provider (including fees for voice, data, messaging, roaming charges or other services). Numotion will not reimburse you for any costs or fees you incur in connection with accessing and using Workplace on your own mobile device or computer unless otherwise agreed in writing with you.
Unless we already provide you with a mobile device for the purposes of performing your role, we will not provide you with a device, or upgrade your own mobile device, so that you can access Workplace.
Breach of Policy: A breach of these Terms by an employee may result in disciplinary action. Disciplinary action may include a verbal or written warning, or in serious cases, termination of your employment with or without notice. If you are a contractor, volunteer or agent, a breach of these Terms may result in the termination of your engagement with us.
Changes to These Terms: Numotion reserves the right to change these Terms at any time with or without notice. If you have questions concerning these Terms or a concern someone is violating these guidelines, please contact email@example.com.
Questions about these Terms: If you have any questions or concerns about the application of this Policy, please contact the Numotion Communications Team.