It may now be possible to stay at your home through the entire process of receiving or servicing your mobility device and other complex rehab technology (CRT).
federal government, many state governments and private insurances have temporarily loosened restrictions for use of remote technology in healthcare.
REMOTE SOLUTIONS TO HELP YOU STAY HOME
Telehealth Physcian Face-to-Face Exam
A face-to-face exam with your physician is required to receive a mobility device, but many telehealth restrictions have been lifted to eliminate the need to physically go your physician’s office.
To ensure this is an option, call your physician to confirm if they offer telehealth appointments.
HIPAA COMPLIANT REMOTE SOLUTIONS FOR EVALUATIONS, DELIVERIES AND SERVICE
Remote Seating Evaluations
A seating evaluation is an important and required part of the process to receive your mobility equipment. In support of social distancing practices we are utilizing the Microsoft™ Teams video conferencing platform. This enables our Assistive Technology Professionals (ATPs) to team up with therapists and clinicians to serve you remotely.
To ensure this is an option, contact your Numotion ATP and/or therapist to determine if a remote evaluation can be scheduled.
- Only one party (ATP or clinician) needs to be present with you during the evaluation.
- If the ATP was remote at eval, the ATP will do follow-up visits prior to authorization for complex rehab clients.
- Evaluations can be performed at your home, clinic or a Numotion location.
- Your therapists will refer to their own facilities, organizations, representative bodies and relevant payers to understand appropriateness of these methods, and how/if they should be billed or payment collected.
Our locations are open and completing deliveries. If you cannot come to a Numotion location, we can deliver your product to your home. Using the Microsoft™ Teams video conferencing platform, your clinician can remotely be a part of the delivery/fitting process.
Service & Repair
Our locations are open and committed to servicing your product and getting it fixed as soon as possible.
Diagnose, and in some cases, resolve product issues immediately. Uses a secure, safe, and reliable phone app.
Service at your Home
You can make an appointment for service in your home.
Receive real-time updates on your order information, request service, live chat with Numotion team members, and more.
Contact your local branch or call our National Customer Care Center at 800-500-9150 for more information.
Together we are navigating the unchartered waters brought on by the global COVID-19 pandemic. Numotion continues to serve customers in all areas of the country.
We maintain our focus on the health and safety of our employees, customers and communities as we do so. In addition to the precautions and procedures outlined in our original communication we have taken the following additional actions:
- In support of social distancing practices, instituted a technology based solution that allows our Assistive Technology Professionals (ATP) to conduct a remote evaluation in partnership with a therapist with only either the ATP or therapist physically present with the customer. This cannot be done in all circumstances, but we will utilize this approach when possible.
- Implemented a pre-appointment screening questionnaire to identify potentially high-risk scenarios. Appointments will be rescheduled if the customer provides a negative reply to any screening question.
- Enhanced all customer interfacing controls and practices including use and disposal of personal protective equipment (PPE) as well as promoting “contactless” interactions.
Thank you for the trust you put in us to serve you and safely deliver essential products and services during this challenging time.
In the many years we have been privileged to serve our customers and communities, we’ve not seen a challenge quite like the one brought on by COVID-19. More than ever, we are grateful for the trust you place in our team to always do the right thing. The safety and well-being of our customers and employees are our top priority. As the virus that causes COVID-19 continues to affect our communities, we want to share some immediate steps we’ve taken to help keep our customers and employees safe and healthy.
Our teams are closely following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and other state and local health organizations. Given that guidance, we have taken the following actions to date:
- Increasing the frequency of regularly scheduled cleansings and sanitization efforts across all our office locations
- Reinforcing universal precautions for personal interactions and equipment handling, while deploying additional personal protective equipment (PPE) as necessary and recommended by local health agencies
- Restricting air travel for all employees and limiting large in-person meetings involving employees, customers and partners
- Implementing social distancing and encouraging employees whose jobs allow it to work from home
- Collaborating with manufacturer partners and at this time we are confident we can fulfill all customer orders
- Exploring with health plans temporary changes to requirements that would allow us to continue serving you and all of our customers while engaging in social distancing recommendations
As we work to navigate this situation, we strongly encourage all customers utilize our existing Virtual Customer Support toolset:
- myNumotion app - view real-time updates on order information, request service, live chat with Numotion team members and more
- Remote Service app - utilizes a secure video phone chat to remotely diagnose, and often resolve service issues over the phone
We are continuing to monitor this rapidly changing situation and will communicate any changes in our response plans. Check back regularly for updates.
We need your help, too, to keep our customers and employees as safe as possible. If you are experiencing any symptoms, as indicated by the CDC
, please call your local branch
to reschedule your appointment or our National Customer Care Center (800-500-9150
) for further assistance.