Our goal is to safely and effectively serve our customers. As we continue to navigate the COVID19 pandemic, we strongly encourage all our customers to use our virtual support options.
As the nation’s leading CRT provider, Numotion quickly moved to increase our telehealth and remote solutions offerings in the early stages of the COVID19 pandemic.
HIPAA COMPLIANT REMOTE SOLUTIONS FOR EVALUATIONS, DELIVERIES AND SERVICE
It may now be possible to stay in your home through the entire process of receiving or servicing your mobility device and other complex rehab technology (CRT). The federal government, many state governments and private insurances have loosened restrictions for use of remote technology in healthcare.
Telehealth Physician Face-to-Face Exam
A face-to-face exam with your physician is required to receive a mobility device, but many telehealth restrictions have been lifted to eliminate the need to physically go your physician’s office.
To ensure this is an option, call your physician to confirm if they offer telehealth appointments.
Remote Seating Evaluations
Since March, Numotion has successfully completed 3000+ Remote Seating Evaluations.
A seating evaluation is an important and required part of the process to receive your mobility equipment. In support of social distancing practices, we are utilizing the Microsoft™ Teams video conferencing platform. This enables our Assistive Technology Professionals (ATPs) to team up with therapists and clinicians to serve you remotely.
To ensure this is an option, contact your Numotion ATP and/or therapist to determine if a remote evaluation can be scheduled.
- Only one party (ATP or clinician) needs to be present with you during the evaluation.
- If the ATP was remote at eval, the ATP will do follow-up visits prior to authorization for complex rehab clients.
- Evaluations can be performed at your home, clinic or a Numotion location.
- Your therapists will refer to their own facilities, organizations, representative bodies and relevant payers to understand appropriateness of these methods, and how/if they should be billed or payment collected.
Remote Product Deliveries
Since March, Numotion has successfully completed 1500+ Remote Product Deliveries.
Our locations are open and completing deliveries. We have collaborated with manufacturer partners to ensure we still can fulfill all customer orders. If you cannot come to a Numotion location, we can deliver your product to your home. Using the Microsoft™ Teams video conferencing platform, your clinician can remotely be a part of the delivery/fitting process.
Service & Repair
Our locations are open and committed to servicing your product and getting it fixed as soon as possible.
Diagnose, and in some cases, resolve product issues immediately. Uses a secure, safe, and reliable phone app.
Service at your Home
You can make an appointment for service in your home.
Receive real-time updates on your order information, request service, live chat with Numotion team members, and more.
Contact your local branch
or call our National Customer Care Center at 800-500-9150 for more information.
KEEPING YOU SAFE
Our teams are closely following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and other state and local health organizations. Given that guidance, we have taken the following actions:
- Increased the frequency of regularly scheduled cleansings and sanitization efforts across all our office locations.
- Reinforced universal precautions for personal interactions and equipment handling, while deploying additional personal protective equipment (PPE) as necessary and recommended by local health agencies.
- Enhanced all customer interfacing controls and practices including use and disposal of personal protective equipment (PPE) as well as promoting “contactless” interactions.
- Implemented a pre-appointment screening questionnaire to identify potentially high-risk scenarios. (Appointments are rescheduled if a customer provides a negative reply to any screening question.)
- Restricted air travel for all employees, and limited large in-person meetings involving employees, customers and partners.
- Allowed all employees who are able to work from home.
We need your help, too, to keep our customers and employees as safe as possible. If you are experiencing any symptoms, as indicated by the CDC
, please call your local branch
to reschedule your appointment or our National Customer Care Center at 800-500-9150 for further assistance.
As the pandemic continues to affect your daily lives, we want to share some resources we have created to help.
Coronavirus: What to do if You’re in a Wheelchair
How To Get a Wheelchair Evaluation or Repair in a COVID 19 World
Talking to Your Kids About COVID19
Preparing Your child for a Telehealth visit
How People with Disabilities Can Reduce Anxiety & Depression during Self Quarantine
Pro Tips: Grocery Shopping in a Wheelchair During COVID19